We are currently seeking families to participate in our IRB approved study who have children with or without behavior and/or attention problems who:
- Are entering or have just completed kindergarten
- Are fluent in English
- Live with at least one biological parent
- Have not been previously diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder or an intellectual disability
What does participation involve?
Eligible families will visit our lab at the Waisman Center at UW-Madison to engage in the following activities:
- Clinical interview about your child’s behavior and emotional functioning
- Questionnaires and rating scales about your child’s behavior at home and school
- IQ and cognitive tests
- Interactive activities on the computer
Parent and Child:
- Videotaped parent-child play activity
- Saliva samples for DNA analysis
What are the benefits?
You will receive:
- No direct benefits (i.e., we provide no clinical diagnosis or treatment)
- A written summary of your child’s cognitive and behavioral functioning
- $40 for your full participation
- A toy prize for your child
If you are interested in learning more about our research or have any other questions, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 608-263-5854 with your name, number, and the best time for us to reach you.