We are recruiting children of families to participate in our IRB-approved study on autism and ADHD. Our eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Received a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder
- Are between the ages of 4 and 7
- Are fluent in English
- Live with at least one biological parent
What does participation involve?
Eligible families will visit our lab at the Waisman Center at UW-Madison once per year over the course of three years. Each visit will last 3.5 to 4 hours and will include the following activities:
- Cognitive and behavioral tests
- Interactive activities on the computer
- A short (1 hour) fMRI scan to learn how their brain works
- Questionnaires and rating scales about your child’s behavior at home and school
Parent and Child:
- Saliva samples for DNA analysis
What are the benefits?
You will receive:
- Up to $120 for your full participation, plus an additional bonus each year
- A toy prize for your child
If you are interested in learning more about our research or have any other questions, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 608-263-8913 with your name, number, and the best time for us to reach you.
This study is approved by the University of Wisconsin-Madison Health Sciences Institutional Review Board (IRB#2021-0316, PIs: James Li and Brittany Travers).